Tuesday 31 July 2012

Chocanana Chocolate ripple porridge

I've been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. I've had a bit of a stomach bug (there's lots of it going around at the moment I'm told) and been almost completely off my food for the last 3 days. I say almost because I'm never completely off my food but even I have been able to eat little more than a piece of toast. It so very rarely happens to me that it really took me by surprise. Being unable to eat is so depressing, I was really looking forward to feeling hungry again so I can make up for my malnutrition and pig out!

So I've woken up today and feel a little better and slightly hungry. Apparently you should eat only plain foods when your a little off colour and no dairy. I was so bored of toast and was dying for something with a little flavour. I decided to make some porridge with a banana and water instead of milk to cut out the dairy. Also bananas are supposed to be great for soothing the stomach. I got a bit carried away and added one or two other ingredients and here's my choctastic, choconana porridge with chocolate ripple. With absolutely no fat, refined sugar or dairy.

Ingredients:

1 banana
30g porridge oats
300 mls water
Pinch salt
2 Teaspoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons dark agarve nectar

Directions:

Mash the banana and put in a pan with the oats, water, salt, I teaspoon of the cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of the agarve nectar and simmer for 10 minutes.

In a separate bowl mix the remaining agarve and cocoa into a smooth chocolate sauce consistency.

When the porridge is cooked take off the heat, pour into a bowl and swirl in the chocolate sauce to make a ripple effect.

Enjoy the chocolatiness and the soothing effect on your tummy with no guilt and no sugary insulin spike and slump! Perfection!

This breakfast has around 300 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment