Saturday 12 May 2012

Sweet by nature- Orange cheesecake stuffed dates!

I woke up this morning thinking about sweet treats. (Whats new!) I spied a half eaten packet of jaffa cakes in the fridge but didn't want to go for a synthetic tasting refined sugar quick fix that would leave me craving for more.

It did however give me an idea and luckily for me I had a few simple ingredients so I could knock together a sweet, fudgey, orangey treat that really hit the spot, as well as packing in fibre, protien, and one of my 5 a day! And yes, I do count dates as a fruit even though they taste far too yummy and toffee-like to feel like your eating fruit!

Here it goes!

Ingredients:

50g low fat soft cheese
1/2 teaspoon agarve nectar
very small amount of orange zest
6 pitted dates

Directions:

Easy peasy!

Mix the soft cheese, agarve nectar and orange zest. Be careful with the orange zest because the flavour is very strong. I recommend adding a couple of scrapes of the zester and the tasting until you get the strength you like. Too much could be overkill. When mixed stuff the dates! Keep in the fridge or freezer to firm up a bit or enjoy straight away as a tasty sweet treat or heathy dessert.

If you like the look of these these try peanut butter stuffed dates.

Calories, you're looking at about 45 cals per date. Now thats what I call a slimline dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment